meeting minutes

2018-11-06 meeting minutes

October UCARC meeting Minutes November 6th 2018

Introductions -

Last meeting minutes- Armond motion Ron 2nd. None opposed

Treasurers report - Cash balance $2639

Quater Master report- none

Repeater Status – End of November – should have new repeater parts. Tower soil sample was taken.

Goes to sleep once in a while

ARES – Clifford gave a report about the SET (simulated emergency test)– this year was simulated severe winter weather – used Fldigi on 2 meters
ARES nets start Monday night at 9pm. 2 meter repeater net – check in, let everyone know if you will take part in the simplex digi net and make announcements. Afterwards we qsy to 145.600 MHz for the simplex digi net. We have been using MT632kl with FLDigi. The 3rd Monday of the month is our ARES meeting and there will be no net.

Mesh networking- talked about mesh network in general.

OSPOTA

JOTA – 53 scouts signed in. Ed presented certificates of appreciation for everyone that helped out with JOTA.

APRS – Scott – APRS not a go for Dec

Powerpole crimp kit – Paul motions to reimburse Joe for the kit, Clifford seconds – none opposed

Location for holiday dinner January - Sunday the 13th – holiday dinner 6pm

Officer election – December

Breakfast – Saturday 2nd Saturday

Next meeting Dec 4th

Thinking about next years activities

Winter Field Day in January

Armond motions to adjourn meeting Paul 2nd none opposed

7:44pm

2018 October Meeting Minutes

Motion to accept minutes Dennis motioned, Armond 2nd

Treasurers report -

$60 check for shipping and bird watt meter

$100 for Tom paid
Portapot paid

Inventory of equipment made

Stem School – wait for date

Repeater status – Soil sample was taken for tower Paul, Arnal, and Joe working on coordination for repeaters

ARES – SET coming up in October Black Swan, Clifford is working on activities for the SET to go along with the Black Swan Event.

OSPOTA

182 contacts
4800 points ,almost doubled points from last year

JOTA – Camp Lazarus in Delaware Operating on Saturday

ARES Connect – can be used to coordinate events for non ares members as well as ARES activites and members.

Presidential Alert from cell phones tomorrow at 2:18pm
Diagrams for station 720 tower – dual band antenna needed for new location, either use current dual band antenna or buy a new one for around $200

APRS Demo – Dec or January from Scott, N8JYF

Nov 6th, next meeting at station 720 – old or new,

Shurle asked about dues – and getting help with not being able to get into the repeater.

Meeting ended after Ken's presentation at 8:47pm.

2018-09 Meeting Minutes

September 4, 2018 UCARC meeting

Started at 7pm

Armond, KC8DAG motioned, Trevor, W8TKC 2nd approve meeting minutes

Treasurers report 12 month period

$2667cash
no liability
$7,324
$2651 expenses
$4623 Net

Number of Members approx 30 + or -10

Chris Dillon talked to the club about Stem Day – In November with Story of Autism at STEM school weekend 4 to 6 hours, 4 or 5 stations 50 minutes per station, the club would have one station Thestoryofautism.org ages 5 to 15, 2 groups, a younger age group and older age group.

Repeater Status -
amateur repeater – 2 meter
EMA repeater in next years budget
both sets of duplexers will go to 159.300
small set is around $1200
big set is worth around 1500 – 2000

Tom Eckleberry
Paul, N8IG motioned to pay Tom $100 Armond,KC8DAG 2nd none opposed for his time he put in to the cans and repeater previously

ARES Set coming up in October Blackswan 18, ARES Connect

Bird Watt Meter received Calibrated 4 slugs and modifications has been made. Discussion about marking the case with the Club Information on it.

OSPTA – Saturday at Alum Creek State Park Cheshire Boat ramp 8am to 6pm
Breakfast – 8am Cracker Barrel

Findley Hamfest Sunday the 9th

Next meeting October 2nd

JOTA October 20th at Camp Lazarus

Ohio QSO Party results
93 contacts
56 multiplier

Meeting Presentation started at 7:33pm

Meeting ended at 8:30pm

2018-08 meeting

UCARC Meeting Minutes August 2018

 

Dennis motions to approve meeting minutes 2nd by KC8DAG Armand

 

Treasurers report

Ron Motions to approve John 2nd None opposed

 

Field Day Report

Ron,

4,150 points this year, 4152 points last year

805 contacts made

Message to the arrl section manager

12 messages handled by Tony KC8PZ – 100 pts

GOTA – 160 Bonus Points

Brianna Kruse – 12 yrs made 12 contacts

Grant – made 24 contacts

Terry – made 24

Armond – 20

Frank 24

Bill Cash – 2

13 total GOTA operators 8 youth made at least 1 contact

42 people visited field day site

10 of 42 visitors weren't licensed

 

Ron, NX8Y received the Stallwart of the Club Award for Field Day Planning

 

Micheal KE8KDF Joined us at the meeting. Recieved his tech license last month

 

Trunkfest Report -

Need to have more money for change
We had around 40 vendors

75 – 80 tickets sold

 

Executive Committee put for a vote for a $100 donation to the Church for letting us use their parking lot.

John LVZ motions, Dennis 2nd, None opposed

 

Ken received Stallwart of the Club Award for Ham Radio Tailgate and Trunk fest

 

Ed gave report about Steam Threshers

 

Repeater Status – Status Tower is about 2 months out, EMA purchasing 2 repeaters, 1 for the 145.35 and one for the EMA highband radios. New antennas except for the triband beam currently at County Services Building.

Would like the club to take existing hardline out of the county services building.

 

PortaPotty – haven't received the bill for Field Day.

 

Ed gave the ARES Report -

 

Covered Bridge day – no interest

 

Ohio QSO Party – August 25th

Paul will make sure 720 is open

 

Dennis – OSPOTA Sept 8th

Alum Creek – location to be determined. Nvis configuration

 

Sept Activity suggestions –

N8JYF – APRS presentation ?

DMR presenation – including DMR programing

Show and tell -

Mesh networking

 

More NCS stations needed for Net Control

Measured 10 seconds of no transmit

 

Breakfast this month at Frich's

 

Tuesday Sept 4th next meeting

 

Findlay Hamfest Sept 9th

Case for Bird Watt meter

N8GU QRZ page for info about his light house activation

 

General Class – Dennis announced

 

Adjourned 8:27

 

June 2018 Meeting Minutes

Meeting started at 7pm

Paul motions Joe get a case from harbor freight for the bird watt meter Trevor 2nd

Paul withdraws motion

Bird Watt meter spend $500 on calibration of watt meter and slugs

$100 for mod

$185 for slugs
$40 for case
Total $325
Shipping costs $50 ish

 

Clifford motions spend up to $400 on everything John 2nd none opposed

 

ARES Report – Clifford and Ed completed the AuxComm course the week of Hamvention. Central Ohio Challenge Bike ride coming up July 7th from Dublin to Bellefontaine and back for the longest 100 mile loop.

 

Repeater update : tower approval waiting .. ordered EMAhighband repeater and 35 highband repeater

Ordered antennas. Moving beam to new location

 

Dennis has a few matching hats to go along with the shirts

 

Trunkfest :

Weather looks good

7am meet at church

Trevor motioned to raffle a zumspot Ron Rice 2nd none opposed

 

Field Day

6pm Friday to setup antennas

1800

2CW

1 SSB

1 GOTA

1 free VHF station

Needed items

150' coax

 

July Breakfast 14th

 

Parks on the air

Covered bridges on the air

JOTA

coming up

 

Meeting adjourned at 9pm

May 2018 Meeting Minutes

Meeting Minutes Frank motioned Trevor 2nd

Treasurers report $1609 cash in bank
6 or 7 people dropped from roster

Repeater Move – no new news

76 repeater receive site Chris KC8FRJ inquired about it

ARES – Bike Ride coming up July 7th

Shirts – Arnal motions to vote for shirt color from top 3, Red, Maroon, and Green

Maroon won the vote

30 – 35 per shirt

Union County
ARC in the logo

Name and call sign

 

Frank motioned to buy extra shirts for new members– Trevor 2nd

Frank withdraws motion after discussion

 

Field Day Setup Friday night

Last year 925 contacts – CW 600 and phone combined 309 (60 GOTA)

33 total people involved, 21 licensed, 6 adults unlicensed 6 youth

email union county hams about field day, get e-mail from QRZ

Beam from W1GKB used for field day

17610 Waldo Rd

NIVIS Day inspired discussion – Get different people to operate – make goal for making contacts get a prize
get to gether to operate

Quarter Master – Ron, KE8RGP
taskforce – Ron, Ken W8KWH and John KA8LVZ who else to price items

Paul motions to approve quarter master job description and dennis 2nd none opposed

Items to sell to be offered to club members first

Tailgate -

admission - $5 kids free donation
price on stuff to sell
discussion ensued
8 to 2pm open at 9am
7am setup
hamfest signs
PA/BullHorn

Adjourned at 9:

April 2018 Meeting Minutes

Meeting opened by Arnal at 7pm

 

Introductions – we had 2 new hams from the class attend

new to Marysville from Dublin- Dean WA8OMQ Saw the website ARRL member

 

Meeting Minutes – as posted on the website Paul, Motion to accept minutes – Ron 2nd none opposed

 

Treasurers report – Cash in bank – $1494 -
38 paid - 40 members plus non-paid

Ed motion to accept treasures report Paul 2nd none opposed

 

License class – 15 people tested, 2 didn't pass, 1 upgrade

 

Stallwart award – Ed Liddle for the tech class

New Business -

2 meter grid square activity this weekend

NVIS Day – Saturday April 28th 10am – 4pm Still at Maple Street – Start on sorting W1GKB donation

Soldering kit?

May- May 1st meeting -Hamvention Prepare for Trunkfest

June – Trunkfest 9th and Field Day 23rd and 24th

 

 

Paul motions that we have a raffle Ken 2nd none opposed

Trunkfest – Ken and Frank to run including raffle at EMA Station 720 at new location

UHF repeaters to sell, cans, W1GKB equipment

Food – need food truck/vendor

 

June 23-24 Field Day – Ron Friday night antenna 17610 Waldo Rd Field Day

Need to check to see if EMA Bus can be there

 

July – no meeting ?

 

Shirts – Poll on website

 

Move to new 720 -
2 meter repeater and DMR repeater move to 720
Moving HF beam – all other antennas will be new

Emergency Communications Asset for County
Telephone poles to move to new location
New VHF repeater – using exhisting now ..

 

Hamfest April 14th at Cayaghoga falls – Akron

 

Treasury – clubs that have bookoo bucks – do some work to raise money Do we want to donate time to do work to raise money for the club.

 

Clifford motions to adjourn, Paul 2nds

March 6 2018 Meeting Minutes

March 6th 2018 Meeting Minutes

Approval of minutes none opposed

Treasurers report – cash $1494

$360 collected in dues
Ed Motion to approve John 2nd none opposed

Ares – GOBA June going through Union County in June
Monday Night ARES training at 7:15pm at Station 720
Practice Traffic net – 2 meter practice net.
Central Ohio Challenge MS Bike Ride in July

Tech Class update: 20 – 25 people per tech class, 11 is North Lewisburg Scout Troop

Joe motions for offering 1 year club membership to new hams that take the class to help with mentoring.
Clifford moves to offer associate membership until January Paul 2nds
none opposed

Repeater update – new tower at new 720 quoting new antennas
Guy wires work on old tower neighborhood of $160 If Brad doesn't pay, Paul would like to have club pay for it.

Shirts – polo shirts need to settle on color, embroider club logo with first name and call sign, $35-40 per shirt, Dennis, W8ILD getting embroider machine to do up shirts He can also do hats too Color for Shirts – Ed to do survey on website along with choosing own color

Rick, KK4MLY joined us for the meeting, everyone introduced themselves.

Announcements – Breakfast 8:30am at Frich's
John, N8PVC presentation Central Ohio Severe Weather Network

Meeting adjourned after presentation.

February Meeting Minutes

February 2018  Meeting Minutes

 

December meeting minutes approved none opposed

 

Treasurer Reported 1300 in the bank, 3300 in assets including cash

 

Bird Watt Meter - get it sent out to modify and calibrate it

 

Trunkfest update- $30 per trunk to hold it at the Union County Fairgrounds, Possibly have it at the New Station 720 location, $10 per table

 

ARES - Started Monday Night training night at Station 720.

 

Repeater - 4 Miles difference from where it is now. We need to submit paper work to get it recoordinated. Paul didn’t for see any issues. The new location is 75ft higher in elevation.

 

EMA is moving station 720 to a new location on Northwest Parkway. It will be a month before county takes possession of the building. We have around 4 weeks to come up with a plan to move the repeaters and for the radio room setup.

 

Free Club Membership - Survey the class - find out what they are going to do with the hobby and if they plan to become club members. Clifford will write up a survey.

 

Field Day, Same place, Same time as last year.
Ohio State Parks on the Air - planning on participating
NVIS Day - Planning on participating

Tower move - Cables, remove cables and salvage them or sell them from county services building

 

Radio Tour - tour different radio roms to get an idea how we want to set up the one at the new station 720 location.

 

Arnal motion to adjourn

All in favor, none opposed.

Dec 5 2017 Meeting Minutes

Joe, K8JWL Called the meeting to order

Treasures report - $900 in the bank
$3,400 income
$1,200-$1,300 expenses
$2,000 equipment costs

$228 was spent on Slugs for the Bird Watt Meter
Paul, N8IG motioned to allocated $100 to upgrade the Bird Watt Meter , John, KA8LVZ 2nd, none opposed.

Paul discussed the Tower at Station 720 and the costs to get the antennas moved up higher on the tower would be 1,000 plus cost of hardline. Rob, KD8GPG suggested not to pursue this project at Station 720 and to instead plan for moving the repeater from Station 720 to a higher profile location like the water tower at 38 and 736. Rob is going to check on the availability of the water tower for a repeater location.

New Business:
Paul Motioned the Annual Dinner to be at the Asian Cafe Buffet, John, KA8LVZ 2nd, none opposed.
January Dinner will be at the Asian Cafe Buffet Sunday January 7th or 14th at 6:30pm. Frank is going to make the reservation.   

A discussion about the donated W1GKB club equipment ensued. The general consensus was to keep the HF equipment and other equipment and to form a committee to inventory the equipment. Discussion about a policy on loaning the equipment ensued. Ron Payne is going to headup creating an equipment loan policy. Frank nominated Ron for quartermaster function. There were no other nominations. Ron agreed to start the quartermaster function to the best of his ability with help from the inventory committee

Tech License Class - the club decided to offer a technician license class on Wed evenings from 7pm to 9pm for 6 weeks starting in Feb7th. Gary, KE8O is going to talk with the VE's from Delara and they will put on a testing session after the class.  The class will be held at the Union County Services Building, 940 London Ave in Marysville. 

Officer Nominations: Joe, K8JWL asked the club to stay on as president for another year unless someone else wanted the position. There weren't any new officer nominations.
Ron Payne motioned to keep Joe as club president for another year. Gregg 2nd none opposed 

Joe asked the current club officers if they would like to serve another year with him. They agreed.
Gregg Motioned to accept Joe's slate of officers, none opposed. The Vice president will remain Arnal, N9ACC, Treasurer will remain Frank KD8UFE,  Secretary will remain Ed KE8ANU, and the executive officer Paul, N8IG.  

January the meeting will be the Club Dinner
February, maybe do a amateur radio movie night for the meeting, show amateur radio videos from Youtube that are of interest. 

Gregg motions to adjourn the meeting, Ron seconds.

 

Pages



Subscribe to RSS - meeting minutes