Union County Bicentennial Parade Update - Help Needed
From Pete: Pending clearance by state/local officials on large social gatherings, this is the current "work in progress plan:"
(We will know more after May 1st)
- PARADE DATE: SATURDAY, AUGUST 29th (same timeframes)
- PARADE STAGING POINT: FAIRGROUNDS (note: still Awaiting official approval from Fair Board of my proposal.....Discussion with Fair Secretary was very positive)
- STAGING FROM THE ROUTE 4 ENTRANCE to the Fairgrounds and then straight into Uptown on Main ending at S. Main and 6th
- PARADE ENTERTAINMENT ZONES: Same spots
- REVIEW STAND AREA: Same
- POST PARADE CELEBRATION: (TO BE DETERMINED)....highly probable that we will do on Court Street block between 5th and 6th...Farmers Market is in progress in Partners Park...
The Union County Amateur Radio Club has been asked to help with radio communications for the Union County Bicentennial Parade. It was scheduled to be on April 25th from 7am to 1:30pm but is postponed until sometime towards the end of August or September. The Union County EMA is helping with the parade. Many of our active club members are also EMA volunteers. This could stretch the volunteer pool thin for the club and EMA. Any extra help would be appreciated. The parade volunteers will be meeting at the staging area on March 28th at 9am at the Marysville High School parking lot. It would be good for anyone helping with the parade to be at this meeting.
If you can help out the Union County Amateur Radio Club with the parade or would like additional information please contact Ed, KE8ANU at ed.liddle at gmail.com or sign up for it using ARES Connect https://arrl.volunteerhub.com/admin/event/index/9187a2ea-789b-4a7b-b535-968b1e2a6332
General information about the parade can be found here https://www.200uc.org/parade