May 2019 Meeting Minute
- Including Stan N8BHL, ARES Coordinator and Hurricane Net Control.
- Repeater Update
- Loop antenna / pole mounting update/ #4 of poles?
- Tower update
- NVIS Day review – John K8LVZ
- Bellefontaine Link gear needs to be looked over/protected/detected what and where
Bellefontaine club will be cleaning up some of the antenna mess on the radar tower @ High Point on May 25th. Not aware that we had equipment there so we need to coordinate with them ASAP, Club President Gary N8GJK phone # is 937-441-2648
- Need our own Work Crew to be there to protect our gear/find our antenna!
- ARES Update – Ed KE8ANU
- Want to provide books for KE8LVF & Classroom. Handbook, Operating Guide, Antenna Book.
UCARC Breakfast this Saturday, 0830. hrs at Frisch’s Big Boy
- Frisch’s Big Boy located at 15700 Delaware Ave Marysville, OH 43040
- Call ahead on the 350 Repeater so we know what size table to get/hold
Might ask who all is going to the Xenia Hamfest. May 17th – 19th
- Mention frequencies we use when at events like that. 145.350 simplex, 127 Hz
- Even so, this does not prevent RF Overload from blocking signals on frequency/ on tone
- UHF: 443.45MHz with a PL Tone of 136.5 Hz with a +5 MHz in analog mode
Sale of non-working Collins and Drake gear – Paul N8IG
Project day to build the Fox Hunting Tape Measure Beam Antenna
Final details for the Trunk Fest – June 8th
- Need volunteers morning AND afternoon
- Pack your trunk!
Final details for field day. – June 22/23
- Ron Rice NX8Y @ Rice Farms
Next Meeting June 4th, just ahead of the Trunkfest/Field Day for last second items.
No July 2nd Meeting
Program: Stan Broadway on ARES