Net Control Preamble
Union County Amateur Radio Club Weekly Net
- “This is (you call sign) opening this week’s Union County Amateur Radio Club Net.”
- “Is there any Priority, Emergency, or Time Sensitive traffic for the Net at this time? Please call Net Control now.” (YOUR CALL SIGN)
If there is traffic, allow the station to announce the traffic and see if another station is available that can
take the traffic. After the traffic is passed or if no station is available to take the traffic, resume the net.
- [if Hearing none]: “This Net is open to all amateur Radio Operators interested in Amateur Radio and learning more about our hobby and sharing what you know with the rest of the group. This is a Directed Net with a Net Control operator, but we want to keep it as informal and interesting as practical, while using Directed Net procedures.”
- “We will take check-ins; mobiles first, then any wishing to check in and out (have other places to be), Echolink checkins, then all other check-ins 3 at a time ( or in any order you want to take them).
- Are their any mobile stations wishing to check in call net control now
- Are there any stations for a short time check in? Call net control now
- I will let the repeater drop to allow for echolink checkins. Are there any Echolink stations wishing to checkin? Call net control now.
- I will now take regular check ins 3 at a time, call net control “your call sign” now
A subject for discussion when asking for comments might be: (Sample only, pick any topic of your choice; trying to stay away from
Politics, Religion, and Current events, unless Amateur related/etc.) “Topics of a technical nature are OK, keeping it to the general K-I-S-S principle, that's not a rule only a suggestion. We do want to learn from them/each other."
- Call for Additional Check-ins, and then lastly, Late Check-ins:
- Call for final comments, announcements, additional information, replies, “last rounds and alibis,” etc.
- After all traffic has finished, “This concludes this week’s Union County Amateur Radio Club Net. The repeater is returned to normal amateur use at Current Time
Fill out the net report on the website http://ohiohams.net/?q=netreport Round time to nearest hour