UCARC Meeting Minutes

April 2018 Meeting Minutes

Meeting opened by Arnal at 7pm


Introductions – we had 2 new hams from the class attend

new to Marysville from Dublin- Dean WA8OMQ Saw the website ARRL member


Meeting Minutes – as posted on the website Paul, Motion to accept minutes – Ron 2nd none opposed


Treasurers report – Cash in bank – $1494 -
38 paid - 40 members plus non-paid

Ed motion to accept treasures report Paul 2nd none opposed


License class – 15 people tested, 2 didn't pass, 1 upgrade


March 6 2018 Meeting Minutes

March 6th 2018 Meeting Minutes

Approval of minutes none opposed

Treasurers report – cash $1494

$360 collected in dues
Ed Motion to approve John 2nd none opposed

Ares – GOBA June going through Union County in June
Monday Night ARES training at 7:15pm at Station 720
Practice Traffic net – 2 meter practice net.
Central Ohio Challenge MS Bike Ride in July

Tech Class update: 20 – 25 people per tech class, 11 is North Lewisburg Scout Troop

February Meeting Minutes

February 2018  Meeting Minutes


December meeting minutes approved none opposed


Treasurer Reported 1300 in the bank, 3300 in assets including cash


Bird Watt Meter - get it sent out to modify and calibrate it


Trunkfest update- $30 per trunk to hold it at the Union County Fairgrounds, Possibly have it at the New Station 720 location, $10 per table


ARES - Started Monday Night training night at Station 720.


Dec 5 2017 Meeting Minutes

Joe, K8JWL Called the meeting to order

Treasures report - $900 in the bank
$3,400 income
$1,200-$1,300 expenses
$2,000 equipment costs

$228 was spent on Slugs for the Bird Watt Meter
Paul, N8IG motioned to allocated $100 to upgrade the Bird Watt Meter , John, KA8LVZ 2nd, none opposed.

October Meeting Minutes

Sumary of what was discussed at the meeting.

$75 to $100 per slugs for Bird Watt Meter, hold off on upgrading watt meter, Ken to purchase


Stalwart club award – setting up/coordinating OPSOTA

Antenna update at station 720 – Tall tower is good, esitmate to move antennas to top tall tower will be sent to Brad.  Club may want to fill in what EMA can’t cover – may need around $1,000 in cabling. Need to figure out what type of cable is needed. etc.


Sept 2017 Minutes

UCARC Sept 5th 2017
Minutes – Paul motioned as posted, Dennis 2nd none opposed


Treasurers report 1125.51 in the account

DMR repeater paid

Ohio Parks on the Air – Permit obtained – Parks on the air phone – 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10
Mobile ops low power more than on person
Mosiers – Ham, turkey, buns, water Bring your own chair event. Big Red 1500 ram cargo van.

June 2017 Meeting Minutes

Started 7:06pm


Congratulations to Denny, KE8HDE New ham since Saturday


Paul motioned
Gregg 2nd accept minutes none apposed


Treasurers report – 1,077 balance
$40 NVIS expense
$60 dues in

Special event – call sign and date July 15-16, W8M


Banner cost around $89 delivered at 720 Look into getting second banner


May Meeting Minutes

Union County Amateur Radio Club meeting minutes
May 2, 1017

Meeting Minutes – motion to approve by Paul, 2md by Ron

Treasurers report – Frank gave the treasurer's report

Old Business:
NVIS day – band conditions were bad and we made a digital contact and not phone contacts. Everyone had fun making the antenna and participating.

Trunkfest – Ken obtained door prizes from DX engineering, ARRL, and also has 1,000 door prize tickets to use.

Field Day- discussion of 2F or not ensued.

April Meeting Minutes

March 4th meeting minutes

Paul motioned to accept the February meeting minutes. John 2nd, none opposed

Treasurers report:
1345 in bank

$150 in assets – repeater
Sold some equipment on e-bay for $100

Stem School update, Eric wasn't present to give an update.

Weather spotting training reminder for Wed April 12th

Trunkfest – Ken has vendor confirmed from Bowling Green

Field Day – June 24-25
Location may be on Waldo Rd
Setup Friday night, need 6 meter station, and possibly a GOTA station

Marvin Special Event station July 15 to 16 Need to come up with a QSL card or certificate to send out. A motion was made, Paul 2nd none opposed

Steam Threshers special event station – Will wasn't present. May conflict with Marvin's special event station.

Club Call Banner – discussed ideas for a banner. Paul wrote down a couple of suggestions, the one on Clyde's banner and
Amateur Radio Communications Local, National, World Wide 
Everyone seemed to like the one on Clyde's banner

Insurance – Paul motioned for the club to purchase liability insurance for $200 Ron 2nd none opposed

Repeater – Ken gave everyone an update on the repeater. Its using the original amp that was repaired to drive an auxiliary amp. The amp from the spare repeater quit working. Ken is looking at that. Tom has the amp that was running at ½ power and is going to try to repair it along with the original duplexers.

The repeater is now operating at full power using receiving only from the receive site at the water tower.

Ed Liddle is the new ARES EC for Union County. Joe suggested to allocate some time at each meeting for ARES related updates and information as a permanent agenda item. Discussion ensued, everyone thought that would be a good idea and also to make the August meeting topic about ARES .

Everyone was reminded about the monthly breakfast at Frich's on Saturday and the Weather spotting training April 12th

The next meeting will be a presentation about DMR by the Ohio section manager and Arlin from the Mount Vernon Club.

We currently have 35 members on the roster.

Frank brought up the club obtaining equipment for club members to use and suggested purchasing some equipment. John suggested asking members to donate equipment they don't have a use for any longer. Discussion ensued. It was mentioned to get a bird watt meter modified and to get some additional slugs for it for HF, VHF, and UHF. John KA8LVZ motioned to use $250 to be used for Ken to purchase bird watt meter slugs at upcoming hamfests. Frank 2nd, none opposed

The meeting ended with discussion and planing for NVIS day.

Bryan contacted the journal tribune and is waiting for a response.

There are plans try out multiple antennas and possibly setup multiple stations. The starting time for NVIS day is at 8am at station 720.

March 7 2017 Meeting Minutes

Paul motioned to approve the minutes for the Feb meeting. Ron 2nd none opposed

Treasurer report- $1372.40 in the account. $983 was the previous balance.
$150 spent on repeater
$133 for parts

UCARC Logo – approved from website

Eric AC8WT – talked with stem school about book donation. He wasn't there. More info at the next meeting.

2017 February Meeting Miniutes

Treasures Report 983 in the bank plus what came in tonight

UCARC Logo Need update – use logo on website
QSL Card with logo discussed

Discuss book donation to local Library’s - Talked a little more. Gathered ideas
stem school, talk to school about school radio club, setup a day to talk to the students. Eric, AC8WT will talk to the stem school about it.
What about other schools in union county, Fairbanks HS, NorthUnion, Dublin Jerome HS? Donate books and DVDs to public libraries, talk to libraries about it first.

QRZ page setup needs pictures, hamqth page setup

New Business

Next month’s (March 7) presentation – Mesh Networking by W8ERD – thank you Ed for setting up.

NVIS Day which is Saturday April 22 – Need someone to coordinate- Brian, KD8ZWI volunteered to coordinate NVIS day. NVIS day is important to EMA and ODEN, NVIS QSL Cards needed NVIS day, new band to try for NVIS 60 meters band

April’s meeting at station 720 to plan for NVIS day

Weather spotter Training – April 12th 6:30pm to 8:30pm Union County Services Building 940 London Ave

Field Day. – Need someone to coordinate last full weekend 24th and 25th Ron Rice may coordinate needs to talk with family

Trunk-fest / Hamfest – Just Ideas at this point. Ken W8KWH has volunteered to head this up. If this can be done this year? When? Where? If not let’s plan for next year. Find a date. No decisions tonight just throw ideas around to discuss.
June, 2nd or 3rd week , Free tailgate fest -

Special Event Station Paul – Special Event Station for EMA/Club Marvin Gilbert maybe with trunkest

Steam threashers special event station Craig w8chr delaware club – steam threashers special event station union county sponsored event with Madison County ARC and 13-16th Will to head it up,

Mailings to let other area hams know about our cub, mailing labels etc..
Event table – pay for space, market club, promote amateure radio -

banner with our club call sign - Paul mentioned about getting a banner with our club call sign

universal radio UHF radio Beofeng UHF B888 Arnal- mentioned universal UHF radio Beofeng UHF B888S – union county code plug for them

Donation – TRC last week donated to EMA Hardline , 2 lengths, 2 DB loss – UHF rack mount mastr II repeater system

Adjourning business meeting 8:08pm

2016 December Meeting Minutes

UCARC Meeting Minutes December 6th 2016


Meeting called to order at 7:20pm


Nov meetings minutes approved
Motioned by Paul, 2nd by


Treasures Report

$703.78 in the bank

November 2016 Meeting Minutes

Union County Amateur Radio Club 11/01/2016 meeting minutes


Paul Motioned to approve minutes from the October Meeting
Frank 2nd
Passed, no opposed

Treasurers Report
$703.78 in the account
Membership list – 28 members

October 2016 Meeting Minutes

UCARC Meeting Minutes Oct 4, 2016


7:04pm Meeting brought to order


Minutes approved for Sept Paul motioned, Ken seconded


Treasurers Report 644.94 in checking account


Club money was used to buy donuts for SET, Collection was taken up that more than covered the cost of the donuts. Consensus was to keep collection money for food at club events and try to break even so club money can be used for bigger expenses when needed.


September 2016 meeting minutes

UCARC Meeting Minutes 9/6/16

August 2016 Meeting Minutes

Union County Amateur Radio Club August 2, 2016 meeting minutes

July 2016 Meeting Minutes

Union County Amateur Radio Club Minutes July 14, 2016


19:10 hours Meeting opened by Jerry Hill, 18 present

Floor opened for nomination for President, 1- Jerry Hill, 2 Joe Liszeski, 3 Arnal Cook, 4 Ed Liddle


-Moved for each Candidate to talk about what they can do. Candidates spoke for around 2 minutes


-Voting 18 votes at 19:30hrs 10 for Joe, 5 for Arnal, 2 for Ed, 1 for Jerry